Before the session:
- Inform your participants that they will be using mobile phones to participate in a live polling & Q&A session at your next live event, online meeting, or online class.
- Remind them to have their mobile devices or a computer handy.
- The session slides will be shared via a big screen (for live events) or on their computer screens for online meetings & classes.
- Optional: Send your 9-digit Session ID or QR code in advance to your participants explaining that they will need this code to join in the session.
- If you intend on using audience interaction on a regular basis, you can ask them to download the Vevox app in any app store by searching for the word “Vevox”.
On the day of your session:
- Welcome your participants.
- Give a brief breakdown of what your session is about, what the goals are, or share your session agenda.
- Ensure them that you value their input and will be using audience interaction with live polling and a Q&A session (if relevant).
- Explain that all their input will be collected via their mobile devices.
- Confirm if the session will be anonymous as this usually attracts honest feedback.
JOINING THE SESSION
- Show your opening slide in Present view or PowerPoint. It will always show the joining instructions for the 9-digit Session ID and/or QR code, depending on your session settings.
- Remind all participants that it is super easy for them to join. They only need to type vevox.app in their phone browser to join the session live.
- Remember both the Vevox browser and Vevox app options will ensure audience participation and has the same look & feel on participant mobile devices.
- Once participants have entered the 9-digit Session ID or scanned the QR code, they are ready to take part in your audience interaction. (If you use the QR code participants will automatically be taken directly to the session link, without the need for a 9-digit Session ID.)
- Best to use both QR code & 9 digit Session ID joining options to ensure participants can join seamlessly.
- It is always advisable to send a host message to participants mobile phones to encourage everyone to join in the session.
- Tell participants to click on the speech bubbles to open the Q&A board and start typing their ideas, opinions and questions to keep them engaged in the interactive discussion.
- Keep the 9-digit Session ID displayed on all your slides to encourage latecomers to join at any time.
- If you are using the survey function participants can choose to take part at their own time and pace. All the survey results will still be captured & processed.
- Throughout the session, encourage participants to continue with the Q&A board and to send in their messages.
- You can also push more host messages to the participants mobile devices throughout the meeting, class or event.
After the session:
- Thank your participants for joining your meeting, session, class or event. Also thank them for sharing their ideas, views and experiences.
- Explain to them if you intend on using their input in the future and what type of feedback you will use to communicate it with them.
- Also, highlight the fact that relevant issues that were raised during the session will be addressed in the next meeting.