Even though you are used to working & presenting in PowerPoint, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
When you want to use the Vevox PowerPoint Add-in make sure you remember the following:
1. The PowerPoint Add-in only runs on Windows. It does not work in the web based/online version of powerpoint and is not available for Mac users. Mac users would use the Present View option instead.
2. When using the PowerPoint Add-in you will be required to do some steps in the Vevox dashboard as well as some in PowerPoint itself.
3. When using the PowerPoint Add-in for Vevox one can unfortunately not use the pre-set-up questions from the Vevox questions library for importing. If for instance, you have created a meeting session card with questions in the dashboard, the questions will not appear in PowerPoint when you open the meeting card in PowerPoint. Your presentation will show a blank slide. The right way will be,
- Create a meeting session in the Vevox dashboard with the meeting name and settings – but do not add any polling questions yet.
- Then open Powerpoint. Follow these instructions if you have not yet installed the PowerPoint Add-in to your PowerPoint Ribbon.
- You will be asked to select the relevant meeting session. Choose the meeting card that is blank so you can set up all your question from within PowerPoint.
4. Remember to have at least one meeting session set up in your Vevox dashboard before you start using the PowerPoint Add-in.
5. Add the instruction slide to your presentation to ensure participation. And add the joining instructions to all your slides so participants can join your meeting session at any time.
6. You can customize your PowerPoint presentation through either:
- Display options – making changes to individual slides as you work on them.
- Preferences – this will result in default setting for all new slides.
- You can also use the PowerPoint Design tab to use pre-set up color combinations or backgrounds.
7. Make time to rehearse and to test your presentation. This will ensure smooth polling.
8. Remember to clear all your results before you start the actual polling presentation.
9. Use the F5 key on your keyboard as a short cut to enter slideshow mode.
10. If you have set up a countdown timer, it will only appear within the PowerPoint presentation on the big screen or computer screen. No indication of the timer will appear on the devices of the participants.
11. When you are making use of Analysis slides, the analysis slides will not display the results to participant devices. The results will only be displayed within the PowerPoint presentation.
12. When you have finished your presentation remember to save it as you would normally do. You can share this presentation results with everyone, even if they don’t have the PowerPoint Add-in. (Remember for the polls that you have programmed in PowerPoint, and their results will also show up in the dashboard after they have been asked and voted on. It will also create result images in the dashboard that can be used for report feedback).
13. You can also get a full excel report, result images and word cloud report from the ‘Data’ menu in the dashboard.
14. If your polling results or word cloud results do not display back on your PowerPoint slides after you have closed the polling, double-check that you have the latest Vevox PowerPoint Add in (under the Vevox tab, click 'Help' then check for updates) or check the design set up of your slides.
15. If you have been running your Vevox session in Present view, but would like to report back on your Vevox results in PowerPoint, copy and paste your poll or quiz results from the data report into a new PowerPoint slide. (There is no special export functionality from Present view to PowerPoint). You can also create result images for word cloud questions or all your other polls, and then paste these images into your PowerPoint slides one by one.