In this article we cover:
- When staff members use Vevox with Moodle
- Setup instructions to use Vevox with Moodle
- When Students use Vevox with Moodle
- Other ways students can access Vevox
The Vevox LTI will allow users to:
- Simply add a Vevox activity to courses.
- Once the Vevox button is chosen it will launch the Vevox dashboard.
- The LTI will automatically add the user (staff member) to your Vevox account – no login required.
- LTI will automatically create a Vevox 9 digit Session ID and name this as per the Moodle course name – removing this step for users.
- This will take you straight into your Session/Session ID where you can start creating polls, setup Q&A or surveys.
Contact your Vevox Customer Success Manager and they will request a consumer key and Shared Secret to enable the LTI to work. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Within Moodle go to ‘Site Administration > Plugins > External Tool > Manage Tools.
Select 'configure a tool manually'
Fill In the following details:
- Tool name: Vevox
- Tool URL: https://httpapi.vevox.com/lti/meeting/launch
- Consumer key
- Shared secret
- Default launch container: Either 'Existing Window' or 'New window'
Vevox should now be added as a tool In Moodle and you can assign it in a course.
In your course, select the option ‘Add an activity or resource’.
Select Vevox from the list of options.
Give the activity a title e.g. Vevox or Vevox dashboard.
Under Common module settings make sure to set the availability to ‘Hide from students’ as this is a resource for lecturers to be able to navigate and create their Vevox content related to this course.
Test that the LTI is working by checking that:
- The Vevox activity is appearing under a course.
- When you click on the Vevox activity it opens your unique Vevox dashboard account and automatically creates your account and log you in.
- A Vevox session ID is created, named as per the associated Moodle course and opens within this session ID.
Any issues in setting up the LTI please contact your Customer Success Manager. All VLE/LMS’s are set up differently and we can help you adjust settings to get the integration working if needed.
Once the LTI is added staff can now gain instant access to Vevox via Moodle, and set up associated Vevox activities to their course.
- There is a separate LTI to use when adding Vevox to the student profile within Moodle. This can be requested by emailing us at email@example.com.
- If you implement the Student LTI the Vevox button will appear under the associated course that the member of staff has created, and can link students directly into the Vevox Session ID.
- An alternative to using the Student LTI, lecturers/users can either direct the students to go to vevox.app and enter the 9 digit Session ID, or send them the direct link. The format of the link will look something like this: https://vevox.app/m#/123456789( Remember to replace the 123456789 with your unique 9 digit Session ID. Remember no spaces).
- When using Microsoft Teams we suggest using the Vevox Teams App making it easier for students to access Vevox. More details on why to use the Vevox MS Teams app. For step by step instructions on adding the Vevox Teams App read this article.