Staff members: Using Vevox with Blackboard
The Vevox LTI will allow users to:
- Simply add a Vevox activity to courses.
- Once the Vevox button is chosen it will launch the Vevox dashboard.
- The LTI will automatically add the user (staff member) to your Vevox account – no login required.
- LTI will automatically create a Vevox 9 digit Session ID and name this as per the Blackboard course name – removing this step for users.
- This will take you straight into your Session/Session ID where you can start creating polls, setup Q&A or surveys.
Follow these step by step instructions to use Vevox LTI integration with Blackboard
Contact your Vevox Customer Success Manager and they will request a consumer key and Shared Secret to enable the LTI to work. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Within Blackboard go to ‘System Admin’, select ‘LTI Tool Providers’ and then go to ‘Register Provider Domain’.
Fill in the following details:
- Provider domain: vevox.com
- Default configuration: set globally
- Tool provider key
- Tool provider secret
- Send user data: Send user data only over SSL
Press the 'Submit' button.
Back in the LTI Tool providers section Vevox should now be listed. Select the 'Manage Placements' option.
Create a placement and fill In the following details
- Course content tool
- Launch in new window: Yes
- Tool provider URL: https://httpapi.vevox.com/lti/meeting/launch
Press the 'Submit' button.
Vevox should now be added as a tool in Blackboard and you can assign it in a course.
In your course, select the Content section and under 'Build Content' you should see Vevox as an option.
Give the content a name and as this is a resource for lecturers to be able to navigate and create their Vevox content make sure to set the option for Students to view it to 'No'.
Test that the LTI is working by checking that:
- The Vevox activity is appearing under a course.
- When you click on the Vevox activity it opens your unique Vevox dashboard account and automatically creates your account and logs you in.
- A Vevox session ID is created, named as per the associated Blackboard course, and opens within this session ID.
Any issues in setting up the LTI please contact your Customer Success Manager. All VLE/LMS’s are set up differently and we can help you adjust settings to get the integration working if needed.
Once the LTI is added staff can now gain instant access to Vevox via Blackboard, and set up associated Vevox activities for their course.
Students: Using Vevox with Blackboard
- There is a separate LTI to use when adding Vevox to the student profile within Blackboard. This can be requested by emailing us at email@example.com.
- If you implement the Student LTI the Vevox button will appear under the associated course that the member of staff has created, and can link students directly into the Vevox Session ID.
Other ways to access Vevox for Students
- An alternative to using the Student LTI, lecturers/users can either direct the students to go to vevox.app and enter the 9 digit Session ID, or send them the direct link. The format of the link will look something like this: https://vevox.app/m#/123456789( Remember to replace the 123456789 with your unique 9 digit Session ID. Remember no spaces).
- When using Microsoft Teams we suggest using the Vevox Teams App making it easier for students to access Vevox. More details on why to use the Vevox MS Teams app. For step by step instructions on adding the Vevox Teams App read this article.