The purpose of the Vevox PowerPoint Add-in is for using the polling functionality in PowerPoint, but there is a way to view the Vevox Q&A board from within your PowerPoint slides.
Please note that you would need to download another 3rd party add-in called Web Viewer to enable this functionality. This add-in is not supported by Vevox and may have restrictions on the application itself.
Should you wish to embed the Vevox Q&A into your PowerPoint slides, instead of showing it through the Vevox Present view (preferred method), we suggest that you test and familiarize yourself with it before presentation day. Our staff will not be able to support any third-party queries. When you embed the Q&A board, it does not render the normal control options that would get when using Present View to display the Q&A.
Embedding Present view into PowerPoint
To show the Q&A functionality inside PowerPoint slides, the Present view link must be embedded as an iframe. Follow these steps to do the set up:
1. Add the Microsoft Web Viewer application to your PowerPoint
Open your PowerPoint presentation and go to the slide you wish to add the Q&A board to.
Go to the ‘Insert’ tab at the top ribbon.
Select ‘Get Add-in’.
Search for ‘Web Viewer’ in the search bar and select the Microsoft Web Viewer application.
Tick the ‘I Agree’ box and select ‘Continue’.
The Web Viewer will now be added to your slide.
2. Embed the Vevox Q&A board to your slide
Open your Vevox Dashboard and go to the relevant session you would like to share. Click on the ‘more options’ or three dots next to Present fullscreen.
Select the ‘Sharing’ option, turn on the Public Link option and then copy the link.
Go back to your PowerPoint presentation. Paste the Public link into the relevant Web Viewer URL space in your PowerPoint slide. Remember to delete the ‘https://’ to avoid duplication. Press Enter and then select ‘Preview’.
An iframe with the Q&A display will appear inside your slide. Move the embedded box around and resize it to fill the slide. (Make sure to leave some background space visible to enable you to move on to the next slide.)
Your Q&A board is now successfully embedded into your PowerPoint presentation.
Go to ‘Slide show mode’ to present to your audience and use the arrow keys to move forward or backwards in your presentation.
Using the embedded Q&A board
Once the Q&A board is embedded, you will be able to do the following:
- Scroll up and down the Q&A board. (Make sure to click on the iframe first and then use the up and down arrows.)
- Sort the questions and comments from within PowerPoint into the Most recent or Most liked order.
- Adjust the size of the iframe to add additional text next to the Q&A board.
Limitations when embedding Q&A board into PowerPoint slides
Once the Q&A board is embedded into PowerPoint and you click on the iframe:
- The keyboard focus is now on the iframe, and the arrow keys will not automatically move on to the next slide – see tip below.
- You will not be able to enlarge or delete any Q&A messages within PowerPoint. Use the Vevox dashboard to do this.
- There will be no control bar at the bottom of the iframe screen to revert to polling or show the leaderboard.
- The source link will always display at the bottom of the slide.