When you want to display your Q&A board, there are two ways your participants can see it:
- On Present view (your shared laptop screen for online sessions, or on the big screen for in-person meetings)
- Or on the participant app
To display your Q&A board on Present view:
Open Present view and use the control bar to click on the two speech bubbles.
- If you have previously been using the polling function, the Q&A board will open.
- If you have not asked any polling questions yes, then the Present view will automatically default to the Q&A board with the message ‘Please submit your questions and ‘Like’ those sent by others.’
Click on the actual question to enlarge it and focus everyone’s attention to it.
Click next to the question to get it back to its normal size.
Click on the eye icon to remove it from the list if it has been dealt with. It will automatically disappear from the view on the list, but will always be available in the archived folder, in the data report.
Once the ideas, comments and questions are coming in, sort your list by:
- Most liked at the top
You can also filter it by your favorite list.
To display your Q&A board on the participant app
Your participants can see the Q&A board from within their app once they have logged in to the Vevox session.
Note the following:
- If the Q&A board is turned on, participants can click on the two speech bubbles at the top of the app – it will take them straight to the Q&A board.
- If the speech bubbles have a red dot, then the participant has not yet accessed the Q&A board. After they have accessed the Q&A board for the first time, the red dot will disappear.
- Participants can also ‘upvote’ questions and comments to indicate that they agree or that it is relevant to them. This will influence the ‘most liked’ ranking.
- Participants can choose to view their own Q&A board in either ‘most liked’ or ‘most recent’.
- If the Q&A board is turned off, there will be no speech bubbles visible in the app.
You can also do the following with the Q&A board:
- Favorite messages–as a moderator, select the most relevant or pressing comments & questions.
- Edit, archive, or delete messages - they will still be available in the data reporting.
- Answer some questions from within the dashboard - if you can’t answer them all verbally.
- Add filters & labels to the Q&A board – to give panelists & speakers their own lists to focus on.
- Share the Q&A board with a colleague or moderator – to get some help running the Q&A board.
- Clear the Q&A board to start a new topic or conversation.
Tips to get the Q&A comments coming in
- Verbally inform your participants that a Q&A board will be open during the session or class.
- Send an announcement on the Q&A board as a host, to tell participants to submit any ideas, comments and questions. This will ensure they are aware of the Q&A board and feel confident to contribute.
- You can also send in a first comment or question as an icebreaker if you have the app open on your own device. Alternatively ask a colleague to do it on your behalf.
- Remind participants that they can ‘upvote’ other colleagues’ comments and ideas by pressing the thumbs-up icon next to the comment.
- Participants can also contribute anonymously to the Q&A board, depending on the identification settings. Anonymity will always ensure better comments & questions. Participants can be completely anonymous, or participants can be identified but still choose to hide their names.