When you want to display your Q&A board, there are two ways your participants can see it:
- On Present view (your shared laptop screen for online sessions, or on the big screen for in-person meetings)
- Or on the participant app
1. To display your Q&A board on Present view:
Open Present view and use the control bar to click on the two speech bubbles.
- If you have previously been using the polling function, the Q&A board will open.
- If you have not asked any polling questions yes, then the Present view will automatically default to the Q&A board with the message ‘Please submit your questions and ‘Like’ those sent by others.’
Click on the actual question to enlarge it and focus everyone’s attention to it.
Click next to the question to get it back to its normal size.
Click on the eye icon to remove it from the list if it has been dealt with. It will automatically disappear from the view on the list, but will always be available in the archived folder, in the data report.
Once the ideas, comments and questions are coming in, sort your list by:
- Most liked at the top
You can also filter it by your favorite list or any other label you have added.
Watch this video if you want to see how to add new labels and use the filter:
Displaying your Q&A board in integrations like Teams, Zoom, GoToMeeting etc.
Sharing your screen in a platform like Teams, Zoom, Webex is very easy. This way participants can also follow the Q&A conversations on the bigger screen.
Idea: ask participants to share their favorite jokes as an ice breaker.
A reminder of what you can do with the Q&A board:
- Favorite messages–as a moderator, select the most relevant or pressing comments & questions.
- Edit, archive, or delete messages - they will still be available in the data reporting.
- Send replies from the dashboard - if you can’t answer them all verbally.
- Add filters & labels to the Q&A board – to give panelists & speakers their own lists to focus on.
- Share the Q&A board with a colleague or moderator – to get some help running the Q&A board.
- Clear the Q&A board to start a new topic or conversation.
2. To display your Q&A board on the participant app
Your participants can see the Q&A board from within their app once they have logged in to the Vevox session.
Note the following:
- If the Q&A board is turned on, participants can click on the two speech bubbles at the top of the app – it will take them straight to the Q&A board.
- If the speech bubbles have a red dot, then the participant has not yet accessed the Q&A board. After they have accessed the Q&A board for the first time, the red dot will disappear.
- Participants can also ‘upvote’ questions and comments to indicate that they agree or that it is relevant to them. This will influence the ‘most liked’ ranking.
- Participants can choose to view their own Q&A board in either ‘most liked’ or ‘most recent’.
- They can also filter their view to show only comments with replies, or their own messages.
- If the Q&A board is turned off, there will be no speech bubbles visible in the app.
- When the Q&A board is in a Paused mode, the Q&A board will still be visible on the participant app & Present view, but participants will not be able to contribute or interact with it.
- If a participant cannot find their comment or question in the Q&A board, it might be that the moderator has decided not to share the message with others on the message board.