Remember that the word cloud will not display back on participant devices, but only on screen using present view or PowerPoint.
There could be three possible reasons for it:
- Profanity filter - Vevox has a built-in profanity filter to automatically filter out some unsavory words. By default, this is enabled for all sessions. This functionality can however be turned off. For word cloud questions if a response contains an abusive word then only the abusive words will be filtered out. Any other words in the response are still accepted and can appear in the word cloud.
- Word frequency – the more a word is submitted by the participants the bigger the word will appear in the word cloud. If you have a large audience the less frequently used words might not appear on the word cloud due to lack of space. All words submitted no matter the frequency will still be available in the reporting functionality.
- Showing results - When a poll is started the results submitted will always be hidden till the poll is closed. (The reason for this is that you do not want to sway any participants answers by showing them what other participants voted). Only when the poll is closed and you wish to share the responses, will your participants see what was voted for. Word cloud polling is the only polling question type that deviates from this rule. You can either:
- Show the word cloud once all the participants have submitted their response, or
- You can use the dynamic image building of the word cloud function to show live responses as they are submitted.