In this article we cover:
- Introduction to the PowerPoint Add-ins
- What PowerPoint Add-in is right for you?
- Why use the PowerPoint Add-in?
- Phasing out of the legacy Add-in
- PowerPoint Online and PowerPoint Live for Teams
Details below describe what the new Office 365 Add-in will offer compared to our legacy PowerPoint Add-in. The new Office 365 Add-in this is available to both Windows & Mac in the AppSource store.
Running polls and participant interaction seamlessly is at the heart of Vevox. What better way to do it than through the all-familiar PowerPoint?
Although Present view is the bespoke way of presenting polls, we understand the need of our business clients and lecturers to integrate audience participation with their PowerPoint content.
Read more about the differences in the blog.
Why use Vevox's PowerPoint Add-ins?
More than half of Vevox's clients choose to run their live voting through PowerPoint. Reviews show the Vevox PowerPoint Polling Add-ins are now considered a best-in-class product and are commonly cited as the primary reason customers choose Vevox. Our vision was to create a product that was part of PowerPoint and straightforward enough for anyone with a basic understanding of PowerPoint. We've achieved this by:
- Offering the PowerPoint Add-ins free to install and use. No complications or license required.
- Once an Add-in is installed, it is embedded within PowerPoint, appearing on the menu ribbon.
- Running a poll is as simple as advancing through a normal presentation. Simply press 'Enter' on the keyboard or 'Next' with a remote control. No overlaid web pages or links to third-party software requiring separate controls.
- Customization at its best! All fonts, colors, and layout formatting are achieved through standard PowerPoint formatting and editing tools.
- Polling questions AND responses are stored within your PowerPoint slides, meaning no separate files and content. The results can be shared with anyone with PowerPoint, whether they have a Vevox Add-in or not.
- With the PowerPoint Add-in, you can add multiple images to your poll (not just one as with Present View).
- We currently support users of the legacy PowerPoint Add-in and plan to continue until at least September 2025. Our support for the legacy add-in includes helping current users operate it and providing resources to support its use.
- We no longer actively develop the legacy add-in so it's feature set will remain unchanged and not be updated as more functionality gets added to Vevox and the Office 365 Add-in.
The new Office 365 Add-in allows customers to access more features of Vevox, such as all poll types, live results, and its accessibility on Mac. We are working with our customers to migrate users of the legacy Add-in to the new Office 365 Add-in for September 2024. One of the initiatives we have in place is the new PowerPoint add-in webinars.