Tips to ensure participants complete your survey
Follow these tips to encourage participants to complete your survey:
- Encourage participants to fill out the surveys and explain how the results will be used. (You can always add this information in the survey description on the Welcome screen of the Vevox app.)
- Keep your survey questions to the minimum. The shorter the survey, the more likely participants will complete it.
- Communicate the color codes in the survey:
- Red – you have not yet looked at the new survey.
- Orange – you have looked at it and might or might not have started the survey.
- No badge – you have completed the survey. No further action is required.
- And final submit button is used to send in all the responses when participants have completed the survey. It will also indicate the number of questions that has been answered.
- Choose the right question types.
- Ask open text questions but do it sparingly. Text questions offer valuable information but decide how you will use the responses afterward.
- Simplify your question scales. If you use the same scale throughout the survey, participants will complete the survey a lot quicker.
- Share the correct answers to your survey with your participants, so they can learn from it. (Participants will not be able to see correct answers while completing the survey.)
- If you are using surveys at a live event:
- Post host messages on the Q&A board to encourage/remind participants to fill in the survey or use verbal encouragement. Leave it on screen to remind them.
- Or ask participants to complete the survey during the meeting, session, or online class – people are most engaged when they are in your session.
- When emailing a survey to participants send them directly to the survey by using the following URL: https://vevox.app/m#/123456789/survey (remember to replace 123456789 with our own unique 9 digit Session ID). This way you skip the login screen.