Some Vevox users prefer to run their live polls through a PowerPoint Presentation to integrate polls with other content and avoid breaking the flow of their presentation.
If you prefer to use PowerPoint to present your polls (rather than Present View), Vevox offers users the choice of the newly launched Office 365 Add-in (Beta) or the current PowerPoint Add-in. See this article on the differences between them.
Choose which PowerPoint Add-in you want to download:
This Office 365 Add-in can be used on Windows or Mac machines.
- The Office 365 Add-in remains in Beta. This is due to continuous development to improve the user experience and feature set based on user feedback. It is not in Beta due to lack of testing or robustness. The Add-in has been successfully adopted and used by organizations since September 2022. We plan to remove the Beta label later in 2023 once some further UI adjustments and feature developments has been made.
- When using the Office 365 Add-in (Beta), make sure that the computer you will be running your presentation from also has the Office 365 Add-in (Beta) installed.
- Remember, all polling questions that will be asked through this specific Add-in must be set up inside the Vevox dashboard first and then added to the PowerPoint presentation (unlike the PowerPoint Add-in).
- If you have used the original Vevox PPT Add-in before, ensure that you manually turn on Microsoft's Presenter View (showing your notes and next slide) on again.
To download & install the Office 365 Add-in (Beta):
Open your PowerPoint slide deck. Go to the 'Insert' tab and select 'Get Add-ins'. It will open the Microsoft Office Store.
Search for Vevox.
Click on 'Add' and agree to the terms & conditions. Once you have done this, it will automatically upload the Vevox Add-in to the PowerPoint ribbon.
Go to the 'Home' tab in your PowerPoint ribbon. Vevox should appear on the very right hand side. Click on it and follow the steps to connect your session.
If you are denied access to the AppSource store:
If you can't download/find the Vevox Office 365 Add-in from the AppSource store, your company or institution might have settings to restrict access to the app store. You may find Vevox under the 'Admin Managed' tab of the AppSource store, where your IT department might provide access to pre-approved apps here.
Should the Vevox Office 365 Add-in not appear in the Admin Managed tab, contact your company's IT department requesting them to grant you access. Then follow steps 3 & 4 above.
If you still can't find the Vevox Office 365 Add-in in the AppSource store, restart your PowerPoint and try refreshing the Office Add-ins page (top right corner). You can also email us at email@example.com.
This PowerPoint Add-in only runs on Windows and is not available for Mac users. Mac users should use the new Office 365 Add-in (Beta) option instead.
- If you have created all your content using the PowerPoint add-in, make sure that the computer you will be running your presentation from also has the PowerPoint add-in installed.
- Remember, all polling questions that will be asked through this specific PowerPoint Add-in must be set up inside PowerPoint and not in the Vevox dashboard (unlike the Office 365 Add-in Beta).
Follow these steps to download & install your PowerPoint Add-in:
Step 1: Get a Vevox account
Sign up for a free Vevox account.
Sign in with your credentials.
As soon as you have signed up a short 'Getting Started' video will give you a quick overview of Vevox. Remember to verify your Vevox account by checking your mailbox with a verification email and follow those instructions.
Step 2: Create your first session
A welcome message will appear. Select the 'Create Session' at the top.
Start your session.
Step 3: Download the PPT Add-in
The PowerPoint Add-in option appears in the help menu on the top right-hand side. Select PowerPoint Add-in and click on it.
When you have clicked on the PowerPoint Add-in button, 3 slides with helpful information will tell you what to expect next. Select slide 2 and press the big blue ‘Download’ button.
(If you have already downloaded the PowerPoint Add-in select slide 3 to request an authentication code to help you login.)
Once your PowerPoint Add-in has been downloaded (bottom left-hand corner of your computer screen) double click on it.
The system will first ask you if you want to allow the app to make changes to your device. Confirm with a 'Yes'.
Use the Set-up Wizard to guide you. Select ‘Next’.
Next is the terms & conditions. Select ‘I agree’.
Then tick the box next to the Vevox PowerPoint Add-in to select the components you want to install. Press 'Install'.
Press the ‘Finish’ button
Your first slide will look like:
Slide 4 will show you how to connect/log in to your account if it is greyed out.
Use slides 7-10 as templates if you do not have your own. You will also find more resources and the Vevox contact details in the rest of the PowerPoint deck.
What to do next?
When you have successfully installed the PPT Add-in to your PowerPoint ribbon, you need to log in to the PowerPoint Add-in and read this article. Then select the session you want to connect to from the drop-down list. If your organization uses Single sign-on (SSO) to access Vevox then you will also need to use the Authentication Code method to link your Vevox account with PowerPoint.