Some Vevox users prefer to run their live polls through a PowerPoint Presentation to integrate polls with other content and avoid breaking the flow of their presentation.
If you prefer to use PowerPoint to present your polls (rather than Present View), Vevox enourage users the to use the Office 365 Add-in as the legacy PowerPoint Add-in will be phased out soon. See this article on the differences between them.
Choose which PowerPoint Add-in you want to download:
This Office 365 Add-in can be used on Windows or Mac machines.
- This Add-in only works on the desktop app for PPT. Not the browser app.
- When using the Office 365 Add-in, make sure that the computer you will be running your presentation from also has the Office 365 Add-in installed.
- Remember, all polling questions that will be asked through this specific Add-in must be set up inside the Vevox dashboard first and then added to the PowerPoint presentation (unlike the legacy PowerPoint Add-in).
- If you have used the legacy Vevox PPT Add-in before, ensure that you manually turn on Microsoft's Presenter View (showing your notes and next slide) on again.
To download & install the Office 365 Add-in on Windows:
Open your PowerPoint slide deck. Go to the 'Home' tab and select 'Add-ins'. Then click on 'More Add-ins'. It will open the Microsoft Office Store. (If you are using an older version of PPT, look under the 'Insert' tab for the Add-in option.)
Search for Vevox and press the 'Add' button..
Click on 'Continue' and agree to the terms & conditions. Once you have done this, it will automatically upload the Vevox Add-in to the PowerPoint ribbon.
Vevox should appear on the very right-hand side of the menu under the Home tab. Click on it and follow the steps to connect your session.
To download & install the Office 365 Add-in on Mac:
Mac users: Look for the 'Get Add-in' icon under the 'Insert' tab in PPT instead of the Home tab. The Vevox Add-in will still be located under the Home tab when successfully added.
If you are denied access to the AppSource store:
If you can't download/find the Vevox Office 365 Add-in from the AppSource store, your company or institution might have settings to restrict access to the app store. You may find Vevox under the 'Admin Managed' tab of the AppSource store, where your IT department might provide access to pre-approved apps here.
Should the Vevox Office 365 Add-in not appear in the Admin Managed tab, contact your company's IT department requesting them to grant you access. Then follow steps 3 & 4 above.
If you still can't find the Vevox Office 365 Add-in in the AppSource store, restart your PowerPoint and try refreshing the Office Add-ins page (top right corner). You can also email us at email@example.com.
We encourage all Vevox users to use the Office 365 Add-in. Our legacy PowerPoint add-in is no longer under active development. It will continue to work and be supported but will receive no more development updates.
If you previously used the legacy PPT Add-in, you can remove it and then download the Office 365 Add-in instead.
- If you have created all your content using the legacy PowerPoint add-in, make sure that the computer you will be running your presentation from also has the PowerPoint add-in installed.
- Remember, all polling questions that will be asked through this specific legacy PowerPoint Add-in must be set up inside PowerPoint and not in the Vevox dashboard (unlike the Office 365 Add-in).