In this article we cover how to share Present view by:
Rather than show your participants your private dashboard view, or switch between browser windows, use present view to 'wow' your audience. There are two purposes of Present view:
- Display - the ability to display the content and results of a meeting with your audience.
- Control - the ability to control the session such as stepping through polls and quizzes.
As such there are 2 ways in which you can share Present view.
- Display only - This is to be used when you only want to open the display on another computer or perhaps just share it with some other people. You want them to be able to see what is happening but you don't want to give them the ability to control the meeting such as start and stop polls or delete Q&A messages.
A 'display only' Present view will still allow the person using it to arrange the Q&A message board by most liked, most recent and only show favourite questions.
- Full control - This is often used when you are at a large event where there are multiple people involved in managing the content. Perhaps you are moderating questions for the Q&A board and you want to give the responsibility of running the polling to a colleague or maybe even the speaker.
To set up a display only copy of Present view:
In the dashboard go to the sharing icon to copy a URL to share Present view.
Toggle the 'Public Link' option.
Optional - As an extra security measure you can specify a password as well. When the link is opened on another device the password will also have to be entered in order to access the Present view.
Copy the public link and send it to the person or device you want to give access to.
This is when you want to give another person access to be able control the session from Present view.
To do this you need to make the other person a co-host of your meeting.
In the dashboard go to 'Settings' in the main navigation menu.
Choose the 'Sharing' tab. In the description 'Add co-hosts to this session' start typing the name of the person you would like to make a co-host.
Select the person from the list of names that appear.
In order to make someone a co-host they need to be a registered user in your account. To add someone to your account contact your company's Vevox representative or email us at email@example.com.
For more information about adding co-hosts to your meeting read this article.
Receiving an error message: Failed to load users?
For all Enterprise, Institution & multi-users – when you want to add a co-host, colleague, or organizer to your session, and you receive the message “Failed to load users” this might be due to your internet connection.
When the user list is failing to load do the following:
- Check your internet connection/speed
- Check if you are trying to connect through a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection. If you are using a VPN try to disconnect from the VPN and reconnect to the Vevox website.
- If you still can’t load the user list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.