Questions & Answers (Q&A) is a great way to make your presentations more interactive. Increasingly, audiences don’t want to be talked at, they want to be part of a conversation. Whether attendees are remote or in-person, spark participation with lively Q&As.
Participants can submit their own questions, ideas, or comments, as well as 'up vote' those from others, helping you to see what matters most. If you need to keep the conversation on track, discussions can be moderated. Take questions without a single raised hand. Profiles can be anonymous so everyone will want to join in whether they’re in the room or attending remotely.
The Q&A board offers 4 key features:
- Anonymity – participants can raise their voices without the fear of standing out from the crowd. As a session host, you can also set the 'Identification settings' so that participants can also be identified, names hidden or have the choice themselves if they would prefer to stay anonymous or not.
- Sort by ‘likes’ - You can sort your participants incoming messages and questions by those that have received the most ‘likes’.
- Moderation – this feature gives presenters complete control and peace of mind that no unwanted messages are shared.
- Host messages – these are messages that you send to your participants devices.
Want to get maximum reward for minimum effort, then the Q&A board is the feature for you. For an engaging Q&A session with no awkward silences, simply ask your audience to contribute their questions at any point through the Vevox app on their phone and devices and to ‘Like’ any others they would like to see answered. Now, participants can also sort the Q&A message board by 'likes' or 'most recent', on their app, helping to improve their experience if questions are coming at a faster pace.
Example of mobile device view of Q&A
By default Q&A is up and running, clicking on ‘Present’ shows joining instructions as well as the incoming Q&A questions. It even sorts them to the show the most popular at the top. If you do not have enough time to answer them all in your meeting session, all your Q&A comments are stored in your data reporting for later use. Use the data report as a reference to answer those outstanding questions through other communication channels such as a newsletter or in a future meeting.
Example of a Q&A board in present view on a big screen or shared computer screen.
Using the moderation function?
When planning on using Q&A with moderation turned 'On' it is advisable to include another colleague, organizer, moderator or collaborator when presenting your session to participants. 'Moderation on' means that every message sent by a participant will require a review process before the message is made available for participants to see on their devices or in 'present view'. This way you as a presenter can focus on your presentation whilst someone else looks after the moderation side of the Q&A.
Your colleague or moderator can easily manage the following functions on your behalf:
- Identify the best questions and comments via the favorite functionality.
- Control what questions and comments your participants can see.
- Sort the way the messages appear on the Q&A board in present view. (Participants can sort their own view on their mobile devices by choosing 'most liked' or 'most recent'.)
- Even answer some of your questions in the Q&A board from within the dashboard.