Vevox's survey feature allows you to ask your audience, participants or students multiple questions that they can answer in their own time at their own pace and on their devices.
The survey feature works ‘offline’ as we call it. It does not have to be a live interaction. Participants or students can answer these questions after the session, or during a session but at their own pace.
Surveys can be anonymous allowing you to get maximum feedback that is genuine and uninhibited. Alternatively, your participants can be identified.
All the results and data for surveys will be captured and available in the reporting afterward.
Create your own bespoke survey or customize one of our ready-made templates. Vevox surveys can also be imported and exported from one session to another. This way you can make the most of your survey content without the need to setup questions from scratch again.
Survey type questions also include the following polling types:
- Text response
- Star Rating
(Word cloud & XY plot polling is unavailable as it needs a live environment to function.)
Points to remember when setting up a survey:
- Participants will answer the surveys self-paced and in their own time.
- Keep it short and simple – always.
- First, decide what you want from your data and then decide on your questions.
- Decide on how you want to analyze the survey information. Do you want to use demographic or other profiling questions for cross-references? Keep it in mind when setting up your survey questions.
- Duplicate your questions with the same scale to make it easier to set up your survey.
- Set the right answers in the dashboard if you are doing an offline quiz. Participants will not be able to see correct answers when completing a survey, but you can use the data reporting to determine the quiz scoring.
- Use surveys post-lecture or post-online class to assess understanding of the lesson.
- It is possible to leave the survey open once the meeting, class or session is over so you can gather feedback over a couple of days and do a post-class or session analysis.
- Depending on your Vevox plan, you will need to close the survey before you can launch another survey. But if you have a Business (Team or Enterprise plan) or for Education (Department or Institution plan) you can run several surveys at the same time.
- Be prepared to implement the responses. Otherwise, why bother asking the questions?
How to maximize the value of your data:
With the Vevox reporting functionality, you can do bespoke business intelligence or use Excel to dissect your data.
- Use the sharable infographics as well as the ‘Session analytics overview’ for your feedback.
- Use cross-tabulation if asked profile or demographic responses. Don’t ask too narrow profile questions.
- Keep your surveys consistent. Use the ‘import surveys’ functionality so you don’t need to re-create the survey from start.
- React quickly – while the data is still valuable.
- Timing – request participants to fill in the survey towards the end of the meeting, session or class, to ensure relevant feedback.