In this article we cover:
- What is the role of the account admin
- How to access the account admin settings
- Setting the session defaults
- Setting the branding options
- SAML SSO settings
- Change the Data retention settings
This feature is only available for Enterprise or Institution plans.
With the role of Account Admin, you can change the default settings and theme colors for all newly created sessions in your account. Other options include;
- Turning the Q&A board on/off,
- Setting the profanity filters as defaults
- Standardize the text on the info screen for the app
- Set the app logo & background
- Change the theme in Present view.
- And many more options.
These settings apply to all sessions run from the subscription the administrators manage, and can only be accessed by people with an administrator's role in the Vevox account.
With this, you can change the setup so that all newly created sessions have a feature such as the Q&A board turned off by default, or you can change the theme in Present View so that all new sessions will use your logo and color theme without the need to change them each time.
To access this feature:
In your dashboard select the Settings button in the main menu.
From the dropdown arrow select 'Admin settings'.
1. Setting the session defaults
The first section you will see here is the Session Defaults.
You can adjust the default settings for all newly created meetings from here.
- Q&A message board - set this to be 'on' or 'off'.
- Q&A moderation - set this to be 'on' or 'off'.
- Profanity filter - set this to be 'on' or 'off'.
- Voting results - should it display as a percentage, a number of participants who voted, or both.
- Identification - set this to be 'on' (require participants to enter a name) or 'off' ( participants stay anonymous)
- SAML SSO authentication - set this to be 'on' or 'off.
- Session Info - Set default text to appear in the Info screen of the participant app.
- Present view settings - to show the join instructions, the QR code, and the response count (how many participants have voted).
2. Setting the branding options.
Under the 'Branding' tab you can adjust the default branding and theme options for all newly created sessions.
- Main color - This is used for headers and banners such as the main color in the participant app.
- Highlight color - This is used to create contrast for important actions or information such as the color of result bars in displays.
- Background - This is used as the main background color in Present view if no background image is provided.
- Wide Banner Image - This is used as the image on the info screen of the participant app.
- We recommend an image ratio of 2.32:1, an example size of this would be 1440px wide x 622px high
- Logo Image - This is used as the logo image that appears in Present view above the joining instructions.
- We recommend an image ratio of 1.15:1, an example size of this would be 310px wide x 270px high.
- 16:9 Background image - This is used as the background for Present view. Try out our Unsplash photos as well.
- We recommend a standard image ratio of 16:9, an example size would be 1920px wide x 1080px high.
3. Setting the SAML SSO.
Both the dashboard user and the participants can join Vevox via SAML Single Sign On. Read this article on how to set up SAML SSO.
3. Data retention settings.
It is possible to set the time duration for how long the data in your account is retained before being removed. Contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this feature.