It is possible to customize the look and feel of the Vevox App as well as Present view. Let's first look at the app.
A. Customizing the Vevox App
Having the ability to customize the Vevox app theme means you can brand or style your sessions, giving them a look and feel unique to you.
There are two main aspects of the Vevox app that can be customized.
1. Info screen
The info screen is what your participants will be greeted with when they first access your Vevox session.
Here we can alter the image that appear on the app screen and include some information or agenda to describe your session. Follow these steps to set up a customized info screen:
From within your session press the 'Setting' button on the navigation menu.
Then choose the 'Setup' tab.
In the 'Configure app home screen' section you can drag and drop an image or upload one from your computer.
Add your own content by editing the available text fields. Use the:
- Title: to give your app session a name
- Subtitle: to say welcome to all
- Description: to share the session agenda, logistical arrangements or other important session information.
Press the 'Save' button to lock in place your changes. The apps will update with the new image and text instantly.
An example of what a Customized app will look like on participant devices:
Images Size recommendations:
When it comes to the correct size for an image on the info screen there is no definitive answer, you can use any size you like. We will automatically scale the image for a best fit on device displays. Here are some of our recommendations.
- Banner images: Using a banner image lets you image appear at the top of the screen and further information such as your meeting title and other information will appear below this. Our default image is in the shape of a banner and we recommend the size of an image of:
Width - 800px
Height - 350px
- Portrait style images: One option if you are not using the text fields in the customization section is to use an image with portrait dimensions which will occupy more visible space on participant devices. Use this option if you wish to create an image with any text or instructions included as part of the image itself.
Width - 800px
Height - 1100px
2. App theme
The App Theme deals with the colors used in the app. There are two different colors that you can set;
- Main color - this color is used as the primary color in participant apps (and the background in Present view if you do not set a background image).
- Highlight color - this color is used as your secondary color in participant app (and present view e.g. results).
To select your custom colors for the app theme do the following:
Go to the 'Theme tab' under settings.
Choose the 'Custom' option under Theme Customization. You can now select the main color as well as the highlight color. Select the colors you want to use with the color picker.
Once you are happy with the colors chosen press the 'Save' button to lock in place your changes.
B. Customizing the Present view
When customizing present view there are three items that can be changed and set up:
- Logo - the image that is used as the logo in present view.
- The main color (primary color) & highlight color (e.g. result bars).
- The background image - the image that will be used as the background for present view.
To change the logo that will be displayed in the top left-hand corner of present view do the following:
From within your session card press the 'Setting' button on the navigation menu.
Then choose the 'Theme' tab.
Use the pencil icon to upload a new logo or alternatively use the image library to search for a picture.
Press the 'Save' button to save your changes.
The same colors that are chosen for the Vevox app will also be used as primary and secondary colors for present view. (See App theme above. )
3. Background image
Select the pencil icon under the Background image from the Theme tab.
Upload a new background image that will be used as the backdrop for all questions, Q&A and polls asked in present view. Alternatively use the image library to select a new background.
Present view will automatically update with the new background.
In addition to the background image is the colour of the instructional text. Depending on the colour of your background image you may prefer dark or light text. The instruction text settings allow you to override the default and change it to your preference.