In this article we cover:
It is possible to customize the look and feel of the Vevox App as well as Present view. Let's first look at the app.
A. Customizing the Vevox App
Having the ability to customize the Vevox app theme means you can brand or style your sessions, giving them a look and feel unique to you.
There are two main aspects of the Vevox app that can be customized.
1. Info screen
The info screen (home screen) is what your participants will be greeted with when they first access your Vevox session.
Here we can alter the image that appears on the app screen and include some information or agenda to describe your session. You can upload a JPEG, PNG or GIF for the info screen.
Follow these steps to set up a customized info screen:
From within your session press the 'Setting' button on the navigation menu.
Then choose the 'Setup' tab.
In the 'Participant app setup' section you can drag and drop an image or upload one from your computer to replace the current home screen image. (Use the pencil icon to change the image.)
Add your own content or message by editing the available text fields in the App home screen content section. Use the rich editor to create your own styling with header sizes, colours, underline, and fonts to see what it will look like on the participant app. You can add bullets or numbering or even links to your info screen. And don't forget about the emoji's 😃 😎 🥊 💡 🛵
- Use the CMD, CTRL & Spacebar on a Macbook to add emoji's.
- Or if you are on a Windows machine - use the Windows key and period button (.) or Windows and semi-colon (;) to add your emoji.
Press the 'Save' button to lock in place your changes. The apps will update with the new image and text instantly.
An example of what a Customized app will look like on participant devices:
Images Size recommendations:
When it comes to the correct size for an image on the info screen there is no definitive answer, you can use any size you like. We will automatically scale the image for a best fit on device displays. Here are some of our recommendations.
- Banner images: Using a banner image lets your image appear at the top of the screen and further information such as your meeting agenda and other information will appear below this. Our default image is in the shape of a banner and we recommend an image ratio of 2.32:1, an example size of this would be:
Width - 1440px
Height - 622px
- Portrait style images: One option if you are not using the text fields in the customization section is to use an image with portrait dimensions which will occupy more visible space on participant devices. Use this option if you wish to create an image with any text or instructions included as part of the image itself.
Width - 800px
Height - 1100px
2. App theme
The App Theme deals with the colors used in the app. There are two different colors that you can set;
- Main color - this color is used as the primary color in participant apps (and the background in Present view if you do not set a background image).
- Highlight color - this color is used as your secondary color in participant app (and present view e.g. results).
To select your custom colors for the app theme do the following:
Go to the 'Theme tab' under settings.
Choose the 'Custom' option under Theme Customization. You can now select the main color as well as the highlight color. Select the colors you want to use with the color picker.
Once you are happy with the colors chosen press the 'Save' button to lock in place your changes.
B. Customizing the Present view
When customizing present view there are four items that can be changed and set up:
- Logo - the image that is used as the logo in Present view.
- The main color (primary color) & highlight color (e.g. result bars).
- The background image - the image that will be used as the background for present view.
- Voting result labels - indicating the number of votes as a percentage or the actual number of participants that voted for a choice.
To change the logo that will be displayed in the top left-hand corner of present view do the following:
From within your session card press the 'Setting' button on the navigation menu.
Then choose the 'Theme' tab.
Use the pencil icon to upload a new logo or alternatively use the image library to search for a picture. You can upload a JPEG or PNG here.
Press the 'Save' button to save your changes.
3. Background image
Select the pencil icon under the Background image from the Theme tab.
Upload a new background image that will be used as the backdrop for all questions, Q&A and polls asked in present view. Alternatively use the image library to select a new background. Your background image can be a JPEG, PNG or GIF. We will adapt your image to fit best on your Present view screen.
Present view will automatically update with the new background.
In addition to the background image is the colour of the instructional text. Depending on the colour of your background image you may prefer dark or light text. The instruction text settings allow you to override the default and change it to your preference.
4. Voting result labels
Another way to customize your Vevox session is to decide how to display the voting result labels. This label appears next to the voting result bars and can be displayed in one of four ways:
- % - Showing the number of votes as a percentage (default)
- 123 - Showing the actual number of votes.
- % (123) - Showing the number of votes as a percentage followed by the actual number of votes.
- 123 (%) - Showing the actual number of votes followed by the number of votes as a percentage.
Example 1 shows the number of votes as a percentage. This is the default setting:
Example 2 shows the actual number of votes:
Example 3 shows the number of votes as a percentage followed by the actual number of votes:
Example 4 shows the actual number of votes followed by the number of votes as a percentage:
To change the voting result labels display, do the following:
From your dashboard, go to ‘Settings’ in the main navigation menu.
Go to the ‘Features’ section.
Select an option from the drop-down menu under voting results and press ‘Save’.