Teams is a free integration for all Vevox subscribers including Free accounts.
International companies together with world-class universities use the Vevox integration with colleagues, clients and students to vote anonymously in polls, submit & upvote Q&A comments, complete surveys and quizzes straight from within Microsoft Teams. This easy integration can be added to a Teams Chat, Channel or Meeting. When adding the integration in the Web or Desktop version of Microsoft Teams, Vevox will appear clearly on the side panel and requires no switching of screens.
Once the integration is added by the host, Teams users, including mobile users will see the Vevox icon in their Teams meeting.
Teams webinars can also use the Vevox integration
Read more about the recent updates in our blog.
Restrictions & limitations:
- Microsoft Teams Live events does not support apps integrations
- Team owners or companies can restrict who can add apps. If you do not find Vevox in the search bar or Teams does not allow you to add Vevox, get in touch with your systems administration to get permission.
- When you are in a Teams Meeting, Channel or chat when Vevox is being used but cannot see the Vevox tab at the top of the toolbar, you must update your version of the Microsoft Teams application.
- Microsoft Teams allows up to 10,000 attendees to join a Teams meeting. After the capacity of the main meeting has been reached (which is when 1000 users enter a meeting), additional attendees will join with a view-only experience. This means the Vevox add-in would not be available to those participants in the sidebar of the Teams meeting. But they can still take part by joining the Vevox session on their phones - they would need the 9-digit session ID to join.
Tips for Microsoft Teams
Tip 1: Before you run your Vevox session in a Teams Meeting, Channel or Chat, ensure you have created a Vevox session in your dashboard that is live with all your content and customizations. You can add more polls after linking the session to your specific Teams meeting/chat/channel by adding them to the dashboard. The admin view will automatically update with the new polls.
Tip 2: Once your Teams meeting has started, remind your participants to click on the Vevox icon in the top menu of the meeting interface so they can see the participant app in the side panel of their meeting screen.
Tip 3: The admin view is only visible to you, the meeting host. Meeting participants will instead see the participant app in the side panel of their Teams meeting interface. There is a polling as well as a Q&A tab in the side panel.
This article covers the following sections:
- Adding Vevox to Teams:
- Control polling within Teams meeting
- Manage the Q&A board in your Teams meeting
- What participants see
- Where to find Vevox as a mobile user
- Replace current session with new session
- Remove Vevox from Teams
From within Teams, go to the Apps icon on the left of Teams, search for Vevox and add it to your Team, chat or Meeting. Log in, choose the Vevox session you want to link and save. Click on the Vevox tab to see it displayed in the meeting side panel, channel or chat.
Open your pre-scheduled Teams meeting from your Teams calendar to 'Edit' it. Click the plus sign + to Add a tab.
Search for Vevox and choose the session to link to this meeting. Press 'Save'. As a meeting host, you will see the Vevox admin view to control your session form within the Teams app.
To see what it will look like during your meeting, click the meeting 'Join' button and select the Vevox icon from the top menu. The Vevox admin view will appear in the side panel of your meeting with the controls to operate your polls.
All meeting participants will see a Vevox tab at the top as soon as they join the meeting. They must click on the Vevox tab to participate in the polls or anonymous Q&A.
Meetings associated with a specific Teams channel can also be configured with the Vevox integration. From within the Channel, select the meeting, add a tab, search for Vevox and then add it. The meeting can be recurring or a once-off.
You might realize during a meeting that Vevox can add clarity to the discussion or reach consensus without the debate.
After the meeting starts, select 'Apps +’in the menu bar. Search for Vevox, login and press the 'Save' button. The Vevox icon will now appear at the top and the session will show in the side panel of the Teams meeting.
The Vevox icon will now appear at the top and the session will show in the side panel of the Teams meeting.
Go to the channel, group chat, or one-on-one conversation you choose, and select 'Add a tab +'. Then search for Vevox. After adding it, log in and click on the Vevox tab within your Chat /Channel to access your live polling or anonymous Q&A.
- Run your polls – start, stop, and show the correct answer from the controls. Use the arrow next to the poll to minimize or maximize the poll in the admin view.
Cancel - When selecting to cancel a poll, no poll results will be saved. When you cancel a poll it can be re-opened again.
- Dismiss a poll - Once an open poll has results in it, you can dismiss the poll. This will remove the poll from view for both you the host (it will take you back to the polls list) and it will also remove the result view for participants.
- Use a countdown timer – Currently a countdown timer can only be added or started from the Vevox dashboard. Once it is started, you will see the timer in the Admin view of Teams. From the Admin view, stopping the poll before the time has run out is also possible.
- Show a leaderboard – any time during your polling you can show a leaderboard by pressing the trophy icon. Press it again to remove it. Each participant will see their own score in their Teams meeting interface and the Admin view will show a combined scoreboard.
- Show dynamic real-time results - Toggle the live results between ON and OFF. The default is that participants will see the vote results on poll close in the side panel of their Teams meeting. If you want real-time live updates as the votes come in, toggle it to ON. This will only change the Present View display, and will not reflect on the participant app.
Using the Q&A board in an anonymous way creates the opportunity for more transparent conversations and deeper connections between participants.
The Q&A board can also be sorted according to most likes, most recent or oldest messages first. To hide or archive messages, click on the eye icon. Reply from inside the Admin view to send responses.
Messages can also be moved back from the archive list by selecting the archive list and clicking on the view icon again
Once participants have joined the meeting and clicked on the Vevox tab at the top, they will see Vevox appear in the side panel of their meeting. From here they can answer the polls, contribute to conversations in the Q&A board, answer surveys, or even compete in a quiz. The meeting host must first start the session and open the poll before participants can partake.
Turn off the admin view to see the participant view.
As a meeting host
You can control the polls and Q&A from your mobile as well. To access the Admin view from your mobile, do the following:
STEP 1: Add Vevox to the Teams meeting. From your Teams Desktop or browser app, add the Vevox session to your pre-scheduled Teams meeting. See number 1 above.
STEP 2: Link the Admin view on your mobile.
From your mobile – inside the Teams app, do the following:
Go to your calendar and click on the actual meeting.
Three tabs will appear at the top – select Apps.
Click the three dots next to the Vevox icon. And go into ‘Settings’.
Enter your login details for Vevox and choose the session you want to run. Press ‘Save’.
STEP 3: Join the Teams meeting
Go back to your calendar and join the actual meeting.
Select the three dots again, Apps, and click on Vevox. The Vevox Admin view will appear on your screen. From here you can run all your polls and manage the Q&A board.
As a meeting participant:
After you have joined the meeting, click on the three dots, select Apps, click on the Vevox icon and select 'Add'.
Select the three dots (more options) in the top right of the side panel from within the Teams meeting. Then select 'Settings' and pick your new session.
Or go to your meeting invite/chat in edit mode, click on Vevox in the top tab to see the drop-down menu, and select 'Remove'.